× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 - DHCP server: fixed IP

Marcous
Tutor

Nighthawk M1 - DHCP server: fixed IP

I find the DHCP server configuration very basic. I’m missing a “MAC address -> specific IP address table”...

In the advanced setup I can configure DMZ and redirect traffic to a specific IP address but how can I ensure it will always be the right device to handle the communication without the “MAC address -> specific IP address table” above?

Same thing with port forwarding: what is the point of doing PF without this “MAC address -> specific IP address table”?

Am I missing something ?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk M1 - DHCP server: fixed IP

Nope, you are not missing anything. The software behind nighthawk is very poor. I am also looking for at least MAC address IP association table or a better port forwarding experience (like forward port 80 to a different IP port 8080). Such Basic features are missign. I am little disappointed after 1 year of usage of this router. When i reported bugs in nightawk's software related to custom carries, support that i contacted with was not interested in any way.It's a pity.

Message 2 of 3
Marcous
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk M1 - DHCP server: fixed IP

To your knowledge, do you know a 4G router that would have more advanced "router" functionalities?

Thanks,

Marc

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7