× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 Drops Internet Overnight....why?!

UK-based
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk M1 Drops Internet Overnight....why?!

@tangogreenit depends if you're relying on the standard 2A mains charger or if you've replaced it with a more powerful 2.4A charger. The M1 won't run reliably without the battery on a 2A charger. However, it's not good to leave the M1 on charge 24/7 with the battery installed - in theory, the charging rate reduces as the battery gets closer to full but some people have reported that the battery can overheat. The best option is to upgrade the charger and run without the battery. Here's the choice I made but there are of course many other well-designed chargers available.

Message 26 of 28
agdodge4x4
Luminary

My M1 does not have the ability to disable the sleep.  Firmware is up to date.  Why?

Message 27 of 28
UK-based
Luminary

@agdodge4x4the disable sleep option I mentioned here is to prevent the WiFi from sleeping - it doesn't prevent the Ethernet port from sleeping if there's no activity on it. To stop the Ethernet port sleeping, we're going to have to wait for the firmware update scheduled for Feb according to this Netgear moderator.

If you don't see the option to disable the WiFi from sleeping in your web-based interface, perhaps the software provided to users in different countries is customised. However, the Netgear app should be the same. I'm in the UK and my mobile network provider is EE.

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7