× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1- Ethernet Port

tobys
Aspirant

UK not AU model.

Mine will NOT bring up the ethernet port if the MR1100 also has the USB type-C connected for tethering at the same time.

Disconnect the Type-C from the PC and the ethernet comes up.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 26 of 40
bcbuch
Aspirant

tobys you were close to hitting the nail on the head.

I have a mr1100 acting as a modem. It is plugged into the Wan port on a R7300 DST router. Here is how I figured it out. I could set it up and have it working not using passthrough until I put everything in place and plugged the mr1100 back into the power adaptor at which point the data connection was lost to the r7300. I tried it with a Cisco/Linksys router and had the same issue. The fix was simply this, go into the mr1100 settings and change the usb C port setting from Charge/Teathering to Charge. Now the my intire home network is using the one mr1100 and r7300 for internet access. I have the DST for the r7300 in the office section of the house with 2 - 4 computers hooked up to it along with 2 printers. I have a wn3000 extending the network at the other end of the house running an android Mi Box, blue ray player and tv. The r7300 is in the living room in the entertainment system with the mr1100 providing internet access to all previous mentioned plus a 60 inch 4k tv, nvidia shield, blue ray player along with whatever tablets, phones, ect are being used.

This leaves my second mr1100 for use with my Cisco lab consisting of 14 routers and switches, 4 wireless access points and controller, one desktop, 3 laptops, and whatever else I happen to be using at the time. Not an optimal solution but under the circumstances along with my location it is a working solution.

Message 27 of 40
Solved
Aspirant

I have the answers to making nighthawk into local internet and router for your home or business.
No more NBN
Message 28 of 40
Solved
Aspirant

Can fix. ... just need to know how many people are interested ( use it for home or business as internet ) connected to router etc
Message 29 of 40
Solved
Aspirant

Message 30 of 40
Solved
Aspirant

I have the answers to making nighthawk into local internet and router for your home or business. No more NBN
Message 31 of 40
bburton166
Aspirant

Im interested in your solution.  Been trying to get my Ubiquiti USG, 2 8 port 60 watt switches and AC-AP Pro connected for weeks now.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 32 of 40
zulu63
Aspirant

Thanks for your feed back do you know if that works in Australia with the Telstra settings? 

I just wached someone on youtube validating your statement "must manualy disconnect and reconnect lan cable to obtain ethernet out"

thanks again

Message 33 of 40
Nev69
Aspirant

Hi Wazzal,

I'm trying to do exactly the same setup and having troubles. I want to connect a Telstra M1 to an R7000P router without much luck. Is there any chance you could please let me know what settings you changed on the M1 and the R7000 ? Thanks, Nev.

Message 34 of 40
WakeSS
Aspirant

ArodiD's reply is the crux for me...

Seems my mr1100 AT&T version likes to randomly restart/disconnect and when it does the Ethernet port goes to sleep. I have to go connect to the MR wi-fi, push the button on the device, go to offloading, select ethernet (link light comes on) then turn offloading off to get it to connect back to my USG ubiquiti router. Same behavior connected directly to switch.

Why in the world does it not wake up the Ethernet port on reboot??

It also seems even on the new firmware NTG9X50C_12.02.06.00 that "fixed" passthrough is only valid for USB connected devices, not ethernet connected.

Sure seems they just don't want you to use that Eth port...

Anyone have any way around this?

Message 35 of 40
wkreply
Aspirant

This has been exactly my experience with the M1 connected to a USG. Ethernet port is not detected on reboot. Have to toggle data offloading over ethernet setting to get it to detect, and even when the connection lights up it's not always successful in connecting. Going to try a few other setting changes, but please post if you find a workaround or solution for this.

Message 36 of 40
WakeSS
Aspirant

Still no luck for me. I thought my disconnects were prehaps due to poor signal. Now I'm running a cell booser and have -60 to -80db connections to 3+ towers. I have noticed exactly at 1AM it is resettings some nights.

At this point I'm going to look for a differnet device that has:

-Ethernet port that stays active/is active on reboot, loss of signal

-Band Locking

-Ethernet pass through

4x4 MIMO is great but I'm only getting 20Mb down 10Mb up on a good day anyway.

Anyone running anything with these features on AT&T?

Message 37 of 40
Ayed
Initiate

It is important to charge the M1 from its AC adaptor NOT by connecting its USB to any other device for charging.  If you charge it from other devices then you need to disable Tethering on USB for ethernet to work.  The USB will provide internet to your connected PC/MAC or TV Receiver and also charge M1 unless you go to settings and make it for Charge ONLY. 

I noticed that my M1 will provide Internet via either the USB or Ethernet but not both if Tethering is enabled on USB.  If you use the AC power adaptor for charging M1, then Ethernet will always work and internet will be available on connected switches, routers or access points.  This way, your M1 network is exteneded. Wifi connnectivty is still working and not affected by the wired connectivity.   My M1 is the European version.   I hope this is related and helps.

Message 38 of 40
Czaka49
Aspirant

How did you connect it and setting 

Message 39 of 40
WakeSS
Aspirant

i ended up calling AT&T and they swapped out my device. No reboots and Ethernet port does work on reboot on the new device. So looks like mine had some earlier hardware config or just a faulty device.
Message 40 of 40
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7