× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1 MR1100-100 does not broadcast the signal and not visible on the WiFi list

UzDragon
Tutor

Nighthawk M1 MR1100-100 does not broadcast the signal and not visible on the WiFi list

MR1100-100 Nighthawk M1 with factory firmware stop broadcasting wifi signal after I enabled off loading Wifi. I reset it several times, connected to PC through ethernet cable but nothing works. Since my MR1100 does not appear on the Wifi list on any of my devices (iPhone, Apple TV and PC), I cannot login to http://m1login.net to change the settings. Any advice how to get the WiFi signal back? Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 16
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: Nighthawk M1 MR1100-100 does not broadcast the signal and not visible on the WiFi list

Either you eonnect to M1 via USB Type-C, from PC, to access MR1100 on 192.168.1.1 or press RESET button, for about 5 seconds, on the back of MR1100, bottom side right next to TF card slot, to restore to factory default. Data offloading to WiFi would need to configure MR1100 to associate over another AP (MR1100 will be running as WiFi client in this case).

William

Message 2 of 16
UzDragon
Tutor

I have tried the reset button, it does not work. After the indicating the reset procedure, MR1100 stays with the off loading settings. Neither the connection to the PC through USB-C or Ethernet cables works. My computer does not detect MR1100. After plugging in the cables, I have tried 192.168.1.1 and M1login.net but no avail. It does not load the interface with page.
Message 3 of 16
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @UzDragon

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

How long did you hold the reset button? Kindly press and hold the reset button on the back side while monitoring the on screen display. Let it boot all the way up. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 16
UzDragon
Tutor

I have tried to reset several times by holding the reset with a pin through the entire process until "Welcome to the Nighthawk Mobile Router" message on the MR1100's screen. After pressing power button, on page 2 of 4, it reads "APN Setup Required" - "to connect to the internet please visit http://m1login.net to set up your APN". WIFI signal is missing - my NTGR_XXXX is not in the list of available WIFIs. I connect the MR1100 to my PC via USB-C cable but my computer does not see it at all. When I connect MR1100 to my computer via ethernet cable it can see connection but fails to identify. After running Windows Network Diagnostic with ethernet cable connected to MR1100, it says troubleshooting was unable to authomatically fix all the issues. Diagnostic continues to read "Problem found: "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration". Neither with USB-C nor with Ethernet cable connection, both http://m1login.net and 192.168.1.1 are working. I do not understand why reset does not reset to factory default settings.

Message 5 of 16
paulo188
Guide

am also facing the same problem , tried to resert , with & without battery nothing works ! , tried CAT5 cable USB C still nothing 

Message 6 of 16
paulo188
Guide

hi Blanca_0 , i am also facing the same prdicament as above , i have tried all your recommended fixes but to no avial , in intrest sake what might be the cause ? i also had Data offloading settings acitive , your assistance will be highly appriciated and i have firmware 12.06.03.00 loaded on device , its such an expensive piece of hardware which i feel shouldnt fail so easily 

kind regards

Paulo188

Message 7 of 16
UzDragon
Tutor

In my case, I have set MR1100 for the off loading data via Wi-Fi without designating the Wi-Fi in the list. So, I have just saved the new setting and then the device have got bricked. It stopped broadcasting its own Wi-Fi signal, as the result I cannot access M1login.net page to change the settings. I understood that after setting changed to off loading data, MR1100 became an access point with impaired ability (without broadcasting its Wi-Fi signal). I have tried to connect MR1100 to my computer via USB-C cable (hoping for tethering) but no avail. My computer does not see MR1100. Almost the same is with the Ethernet cable. While my computer shows that it is connected to an unidentified Ethernet without access to Internet. After running Windows’s troubleshooting, I get a message that “Ethernet” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. Factory reset has persistently failed to reset it to factory settings. It remains bricked. The device is completely new. I have got it a couple days ago in Switzerland.

Message 8 of 16
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @paulo188 and @UzDragon

Just to be clear... The issue started after enabling data offloading. And with that, MR1100 is inaccessible both wired and wireless connection. 

Where did you purchase the unit? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 9 of 16
UzDragon
Tutor

Yes, exactly. I bought my MR1100 from Digitec in Geneva, Switzerland.
Message 10 of 16
paulo188
Guide

hi @Blanca_O , i bought mine on Amazon UK , but am using it in Zambia , for me am not precise on the cause but i had enabled Data offloading with offloading profiles set 

Message 11 of 16
paulo188
Guide

hi guys still no solution to the above problem ?

all the MR1100 is acting now is a 300 pounds power bank ,

@Blanca_O 

Message 12 of 16
UzDragon
Tutor

I have taken it to the shop to repair of reimburse. Hope to get reimbursed. Awful device and inadequate support...
Message 13 of 16
paulo188
Guide

@Blanca_O still no solution to problem ?

Message 14 of 16
paulo188
Guide

should our devices be shelved away ??

Regards

Paul 

Message 15 of 16
paulo188
Guide

after over 3 years I finally managed to resolve this problem on my unit, I come across an article on how to load custom firmware and I tailored it to installing official up-to-date firmware on , find link (at your own risk !!) Gaining root privileges on a Netgear M1 Mobile Router (MR1100) | by Michael Callahan | Medium

1) Download the following and save it all in one folder  >Firmware - download firmware for official Netgear Site Support NETGEAR Support | NETGEAR , type in your model and insure its the correct model, ie I had the European model hence mine is MR1100EU https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MR1100-100EUS/MR1100EUS_V12.06.11.00_00.zip

>Download FDT.exe version 4.6.2.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s27ftyfjpvn9819/fdt.exe?dl=0

>Download AC78x Netgear drivers version 4.3.00 http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC_790S_Telstra/AC78xSDrivers.exe >Download Putty: https://www.putty.org

2) Install the AC78x drivers

3)Remove the battery from your Netgear router (important)

4)Open CMD command as admin, 

5)Type fdt.exe (firmware complete name) ie fdt.exe MR1100-100EUS_23113509_NTG9x50C_12.06.11.00_00_Generic_10.03.secc.spk 6)Enter firmware flash mode on MR1 by simultaneously holding the power button for 10 seconds and connecting the router to your pc using a USB-C cable. Don’t release the power button until you see Downloading software update and the led on MR1 should be blinking blue and red

7)Press enter in CMD and let the MR1 do the rest , hopefully, it should work, there will be multiple reboots but don't disconnect MR1 from PC till the process is complete took nearly 10mins for me, don't worry if you get failed messages in CMD 

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7