× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 (MR1100-100EUS) - Some thoughts

SOLENYA
Follower

Nighthawk M1 (MR1100-100EUS) - Some thoughts

Hello!

After running the Nighthawk M1 for the past couple of weeks I have some thoughts about changes, and why certain things are the way they are.

version.png

x Locked frequencies on some firmwares - To begin with, why? Why shouldnt I be able to pick the band that are most suitable for me? Why do I need to telnet to my device in order to unlock this? My thought, a unbranded device in this price range (€350) should have much more settings available!

x Roaming - Seems to be off even though I have enabled it. Same as above pretty much

x Antenna detection in firmware - It should be nice with some kind of confirmation that my antenna is connected properly

x Enable upload of firmware with charger setup (no battery)

batteri.png

x RS-SINR

b6a65637c9df34c6d5d9d7d32f3c8ae2.png

This is what I can pin out from the top of my head.

MR1100 is a good product and have the potential to be a beast!

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
UHDD
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M1 (MR1100-100EUS) - Some thoughts

Hi there, 

you wrote that it is possible to enable bands via telnetting to mr1100? This sounds _very_ interesting to me since we plan a trip to canada this summer. Could you give me a hint what to do - unfortunatly I didn´t find anything for this topic so far).

Thanks in advance - UHDD 

Message 2 of 3
Synoptex
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M1 (MR1100-100EUS) - Some thoughts

Yes, please. Your help in explaining how to telnet router to unlock unsupported bands will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7