× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1 Mobile Disconnect when idle

Azmann
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 Mobile Disconnect when idle

My Nighthawk M1 always disconnect mobile connection when idle. I cannot find any option in apps or webapps to disable this feature. I always leave my modem at home for 24 hours internet. Then the modem will disconnect when no one used it. Then when my kids want to use, wifi is available, but cannot access the internet.

To turn on also need a lot of step, I have to ask to give password to them to access Netgear App, and turn off  and on in Settings --> Network --> Domestic Data. Hopefully netgear team will provide menu to disable this features.. and enable mobile connection activation thru power button.

Device : Netgear MR1100

FW: NTG9X50C_12.06.02.00 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Azmann

If there is no activity for a period of time, the device will power down to save battery power. Pressing the power button will wake it up. You can change the WiFi standby time by doing the following:

Access UI > Settings > Setup > Wireless > change WiFi Standby to Disabled. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Azmann
Aspirant

No reply ?

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Azmann

If there is no activity for a period of time, the device will power down to save battery power. Pressing the power button will wake it up. You can change the WiFi standby time by doing the following:

Access UI > Settings > Setup > Wireless > change WiFi Standby to Disabled. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7