× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot shows "your data connection is disconnected"

johnliu
Follower

Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot shows "your data connection is disconnected"

Hi,

I bought a new unlocked device M1 MR1100 online, went to a local ATT store and purchased a data plan, plugged in the sim card, tried to connect my phone to it. The phone did connect to the hotspot, but it shows "internet may not be available". the message in the hotspot shows "your data connection is disconnected".  The ATT store salesman could not figure it out. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks a lot,

John

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot shows "your data connection is disconnected"

Hi @johnliu

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

If you are connected to the mobile router but cannot connect to the Internet, try the following suggestions:

• Make sure that network coverage is available in your area.
• Make sure that your SIM card is active and enabled with data services.
• Wait one to two minutes for the mobile router to initialize.
• Confirm that your account is activated and that no other Internet connections are active.
• Switch your mobile router off and on and restart your computer or WiFi device.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 14
Chucki
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot data connection is disconnected"

After replacing the SIM card, I had trouble connecting. Followed all the various Troubleshooting directions to no avail. We are connected to our service but cannot yet connect to the Nighthawk. Even the Mobile app will not recognize this mobile router. Frankly, after two days of trying, I am my wits end. Please help.
Message 3 of 14
alvnas1500
Aspirant

I just ran into same issue. Did you find a solution?

Router been running for more than a year without issue, but suddenly wifi disapeared and now it says "Data connection disconnected".

I have tried rebbot switching sim and factory reset without finding any solution.

Did you?

Message 4 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@alvnas1500 wrote:

I just ran into same issue. Did you find a solution?

Router been running for more than a year without issue, but suddenly wifi disapeared and now it says "Data connection disconnected".

I have tried rebbot switching sim and factory reset without finding any solution.

Did you?

Data connection disconnected means the device is not connected to carrier's network. Please check APN setting and check with yoru carrier whether the data service is blocked to the device or any changes on the service of your plan.

WiFi disappearance is a different issue.

Please send a model.json log to me by private message.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Thanks

Message 5 of 14
alvnas1500
Aspirant

How to send private message?

Strange though that both wifi and cell connection happened at the same time

Message 6 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@alvnas1500 wrote:

How to send private message?

Strange though that both wifi and cell connection happened at the same time

Click mt name and you will see this.

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 14
alvnas1500
Aspirant

sent

Message 8 of 14
Bullseye555
Aspirant

@JohnPeng - I've just had the same issue here in Australia, using the MR1100-1TLAUS [Telstra branded]. I'd previously used this on the Optus network (both directly and via reseller Aussie Broadband) but am not getting the Disconnected error. 

Was there any solution to the original post? 

Happy to send you my JSON output too, if that helps

Thanks in advance, 

Nick

Message 9 of 14
tomekf
Aspirant

I also have same problem.
„No data connection”
ASP is corect.
DNS is empty and I can’t change it.
Message 10 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Bullseye555 wrote:

@JohnPeng - I've just had the same issue here in Australia, using the MR1100-1TLAUS [Telstra branded]. I'd previously used this on the Optus network (both directly and via reseller Aussie Broadband) but am not getting the Disconnected error. 

Was there any solution to the original post? 

Happy to send you my JSON output too, if that helps

Thanks in advance, 

Nick

Sorry for replying late. You can send me the model.json file if you still have the issue.

Thanks

Message 11 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@tomekf wrote:
I also have same problem.
„No data connection”
ASP is corect.
DNS is empty and I can’t change it.

Please capture a model.json file and send to me with a private message.

Thanks

Message 12 of 14
Bullseye555
Aspirant

Thanks John, 

I did more digging after posting this and identified other possible issues. It appears that due to firmware update, carrier now identifies the MR1100 as a mobile broadband router instead of a standard mobile device - because of this change, I had to change the APN it was using with the carrier, but it required me to get in contact with them and get a full list of their APNs and work out which one I needed to use (their tech support wasn't willing to help with an unsupported device, but I was able to get a compromise of the list of APNs and just work through them...)

For anyone using the MR1100 on the Optus network in Australia (either directly or through an MVNO), you should use connectme with IPV4

Message 13 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Bullseye555 wrote:

Thanks John, 

I did more digging after posting this and identified other possible issues. It appears that due to firmware update, carrier now identifies the MR1100 as a mobile broadband router instead of a standard mobile device - because of this change, I had to change the APN it was using with the carrier, but it required me to get in contact with them and get a full list of their APNs and work out which one I needed to use (their tech support wasn't willing to help with an unsupported device, but I was able to get a compromise of the list of APNs and just work through them...)

For anyone using the MR1100 on the Optus network in Australia (either directly or through an MVNO), you should use connectme with IPV4

Thanks for sharing the information. 

John

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7