× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 Mobile NOT compatible to Band 20

Mattestanz
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 Mobile NOT compatible to Band 20

Hello Netgear Community,
FYI the MR1100 Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router is NOT compatible to Band 20 Smiley Sad
I'm traveling through Italy for work, and I need a fast connection especially when I'm in extra-urban and rural areas, where (I just discovered) the Band used by carriers is Band #20 (800 Mhz).
So my question to Netgear is: are you planning to release a firmware upgrade that will allow the M1 to connect to Band 20 - 800 Mhz?

Thank you,
Regards,
MS
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk M1 Mobile NOT compatible to Band 20

As per the What cellular bands are supported by MR1100 Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router? the band 20 is 4G LTE supported on most model variants, except of the Telstra Australia version.

Message 2 of 4
Mattestanz
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply,

my Nighthawk model is: MR1100-100NAS, and according to the tech-specs (from your link) it supports Band 20.

Although according to Netgear's MR1100 homepage tech-specs Band 20 is not supported:

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/mobile-broadband/mobilerouters/MR1100.aspx#tab-techspecs

In fact, my MR1100 does not work at all when in areas transmitting over Band 20.

Any idea whether a Firmware update could solve the issue?

Thank you again,
MS

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Wild guess is that the available channels (and the carrier aggregation) is indeed part of the firmware provided config data.

@Blanca_O please bring some light to this difference in the tech data - especially the apparent absence of the Band 20 (certainly in use for LTE in the US) and the inconsistency in the tech specs and the KB.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7