× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1 battery flat and offline in morning

Speegs
Star

What mains power devices are you using?  I'm interested in Nighthawk M1 performance from something without a battery.  That is happy to run as a "Router" 24/7/365.  M1's are great, if only Netgear just made an always on edition.  Instead of just saying we designed these for hotspot short term use only.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 51 of 54
AllianceIT
Tutor

We are testing the Huawei B618. Much taller device but it is mains powered.

Message 52 of 54
winger13
Guide

We are likely not going to hear anything. This M1 is already considered an old device and Netgear is moving onto selling newer, better things. IMO Netgear only has resources for about six months of a devices' release to actively support it. That doesn't say serious issues aren't addressed after that six months, but it has to be serious. In the meantime, we have apparent well-intentioned Netgear reps here on the forums trying to maintain some loyalty to Netgear products by being nice/giving hope. Unfortunately, this is a fact of life with Netgear now. I have been a long term Netgear customer and has seen 'real' support go down the drain in recent years.
Message 53 of 54
chosos
Aspirant

I removed the rear cover and pulled the battery and my M1 runs perfectly fine now and never overheats. it really is a heat issue that causes the battery to drain and not charge. mine has been working fine for months. 

I was debating on drolling the rear cover or adding a small fan, but just run it without the cover and haven't had an issue.

Message 54 of 54
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7