× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 issue when charging while using

Blady
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 issue when charging while using

I bought my M1 Mobile Router a week ago. Now I discovered an issue if I charge my M1 while it is connected to LTE/4G network and one Windows10 machine (domain joined using VPN) connected over WiFi to the M1.

It shows me an error message that it stoped charging the M1 due to battery overheating.

Did anybody already discover such an issue and what did you do to remediate?

I'm a traveling user and have to charge my device sometimes while using it. Appreciate your input.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M1 issue when charging while using

This is a noraml alert when the battery temperature reaches to certain degree and charging will be stopped so that the battery can be cooled down gradually. Then charging will be resumed.

You still can use the device under this condition. It is not an error on the battery charging.

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 4
Oxygene
Apprentice

When using at high speeds it gets hot too and it goes to 0 mbits/s sometimes due to overheating... You are buying for speeds and you can't use it properly; battery charge issues or modem cpu issues because it is too hot... technology only looks good on paper...

Message 3 of 4
Blady
Aspirant

I understand the alert and appreciate that the device doesn't overheat!

But unfortunately, this behaviour leads to being unable to charge while being in use and being connected. I think that the device should have been designed in being able to charge the device while in use. In my case, the battery was low and I wasn't able the bring any energy in for unconnected use later on - and this is unconfortable...

So my question: is it normal that the device may overheat when charging in same time as being connected to internet and WiFi?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7