× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1 mobile router

PPolly
Tutor

Nighthawk M1 mobile router

Since update on 12 August 2019 my router does not show usage data. I know this has been a problem in the past from viewing messages on this forum and have tried all the solutions offered, but my router will not accept them. It is an Australian Telstra issued router and has the current Telstra update. Any further fixes available?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @PPolly

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Kindly reach out to Telstra to ensure that the device reached the billing server. 

Please see this related community thread: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Nighthawk-M1-data-usage-not-displaye...

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 9
PPolly
Tutor

I have spoken to my service provider, Telstra, who confirm that the device is connected to billing and that they are able to see the data usage at their end. Also the router works in all other respects than showing me the data usage. I am updated to firmware NTG9X50C_12_06.02.00

I have spoken to the techs at Netgear who advise that it must be a hardware fault, but it was all working fine until I updated to this firmware. I have tried factory reset twice.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 9
PPolly
Tutor

Hi Bianca,

This is not solved for me as Telstra says no problem with device reaching billing.

Polly

Message 4 of 9
hippolyte
Apprentice

Hi @PPolly ,

I have just found your post after looking for help on the Telstra Community Forum.

My MR1100 stopped reporting data usage this week. My 790s also. There are a couple of us on the Telstra Forum.

Did you ever get a resolution?

Mine is on the same firmware: NTG9X50C_12_06.02.00. I have been using this since October 2018 and only got the issue this week.

When it went off in earlier versions it also affected billing data.

The link provided by @Blanca_Owhile useful at the time, does not appear to be related to this issue and was provided for the nefarious 'detecting service" issue which had us all stymied for months.

I see that EUS models got a firmware update to V12_06.08.00 this year.

Message 5 of 9
homemodem
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk M1 mobile router, Telstra

Blanca,

I have posted elseware regarding this problem.

Since I updated firmware to NTG 0X50C_12.06.02.00 I too only see "Detecting Services" and cannot see my data usage.

I have tried all the recommendations in this and other posts.

Can Netgear please inform us what is happening. It is clearly not a Telstra issue!

Only happened, as appears to many others, since the upgrade in firmware!

Message 6 of 9
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

A fix is coming to address the data usage issue in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your patient.

Message 7 of 9
homemodem
Tutor

Many Thanks.

I look forward to the outcomes.

Message 8 of 9
hippolyte
Apprentice

Thanks for bringing this to Netgear’s attention. No change in router behaviour to date.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7