× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 using without modem

Koelekiller00
Follower

Nighthawk M1 using without modem

Hello

i need to setup a mobile network to share some date between a few wireless devices. Could i use the nighthawk m1 for this without a simcard ? 

thank you for your help

ps I'm not the post technical guy

Regards

Mario

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
icaruspony
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk M1 using without modem

The Nighthawk has two sides.  A WAN side (internet) which connects using a SIM.  And a LAN side that connects to devices via USB, Wifi, and ethernet to allow those devices to talk to each other.

Without a SIM, you'd have a LAN where your local devices can talk to each other, but no connection to the internet.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
icaruspony
Luminary

The Nighthawk has two sides.  A WAN side (internet) which connects using a SIM.  And a LAN side that connects to devices via USB, Wifi, and ethernet to allow those devices to talk to each other.

Without a SIM, you'd have a LAN where your local devices can talk to each other, but no connection to the internet.

Message 2 of 4
PhotoDave
Aspirant

Hi team - trying to do the same thing (use the Nighthawk M1 as a private wifi network only - no internet). However for some reason I can't connect to the dashboard on my laptop unless I use ethernet connection. I need to connect 4 laptops together for data sharing purposes. Is this possible? Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
icaruspony
Luminary

Need more information.  Are the wifi devices leasing an IP which starts with 192.168?  Is DHCP enabled in the Nighthawk?  Are the devices getting APIPA addresses (which start with 196.254)?  Can the devices ping the Nighthawk's IP? Is AP Isolation disabled on the Nighthawk?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7