× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1: will ethernet port work while wifi off

hamu_v
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1: will ethernet port work while wifi off

I plan to use the M1 in my RV. For most of the time I would like to provide my computer with mobile internet through the M1 ethernet port with wifi turned off (to save power and avoid interference). However, the manual states, that with wifi turned off, only the USB will work which might not work at my computer. So will this setup work and can I login to the mobile router webbage to adjust settings (turn wifi on/off) with it.

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Ressonance
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk M1: will ethernet port work while wifi off

I can confirm that you can indeed turn the WiFi off and just solely use the ethernet port, in fact that is how I run mine, except that the ethernet is connected to an Ubiquiti Edgerouter which then powers the rest of my home network.

Edit: You might also want to turn off the Ethernet standby function (Setup > Mobile Router Setup > Ethernet Standby) just to make sure it's not shutting down the ethernet port on those long downloads etc

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Ressonance
Tutor

I can confirm that you can indeed turn the WiFi off and just solely use the ethernet port, in fact that is how I run mine, except that the ethernet is connected to an Ubiquiti Edgerouter which then powers the rest of my home network.

Edit: You might also want to turn off the Ethernet standby function (Setup > Mobile Router Setup > Ethernet Standby) just to make sure it's not shutting down the ethernet port on those long downloads etc

Message 2 of 3
hamu_v
Aspirant

Thank you Ressonance, then I will go for it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7