× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 won't power up with battery removed - powered with Qualcom4+ by Belkin

ContiGT
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 won't power up with battery removed - powered with Qualcom4+ by Belkin

Hi folks. I have recently purchased this refurbished router and want to power it 24/7 and am using a Belkin Qualcom Q4+ power module ( backward compatible to Q2) but when I remove the battery it won't power up.

I have updated the firmware version to 12.06.08.00 - 16/10/2019 and I have also noticed the IMEI has changed from the label on the packaging but could be a random box being a refurbished item.

Anyone with any ideas?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ContiGT
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M1 won't power up with battery removed - powered with Qualcom4+ by Belkin

Found the problem myself! Wasn't  a 'real' problem after all! The Belkin power pack is a multi voltage charger and relies on a "sense voltage" to fire it up - no battery, no voltage detected, no charger output! So a dedicated Q3 5volt 2.4amp charger purchased. Problem solved!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ContiGT
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M1 won't power up with battery removed - powered with Qualcom4+ by Belkin

Found the problem myself! Wasn't  a 'real' problem after all! The Belkin power pack is a multi voltage charger and relies on a "sense voltage" to fire it up - no battery, no voltage detected, no charger output! So a dedicated Q3 5volt 2.4amp charger purchased. Problem solved!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7