× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1

BillRead
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1

I have a telstra unlocked model. Looking at the bands supported most other models for other countries cover Uk vodaphone needs, just the telstra doesn't, which seems a little crazy. I can get three 4g, but with a vodaphone sim get just 3g or H, which is I assume because missing 800mhz.  Is there any way to add a band to an M1? or is it possible to use uk or europe model firmware to get the 800 band? I assume all countries models are the same physically, so the firmware is the limitation.

help appreciated

Bill Read

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: Nighthawk M1

Telstra model, MR1100-1TLAUS, only supports B1/3/7/8/28 but no B20. LTE modem inside the product are different compared to the other models, such as MR1100-1EEUS/100EUS. so you can't expect to enable any bands that is not available physically.

Message 2 of 4
BillRead
Aspirant

HI

I am getting a little confused. As I said I bought an M1 telstra. I agree it doesnt support Uk band 20 ( 800Mhz), BUT I have three and Vodaphone sims, and trying both I get three ok ( as per your reply needs band 20?), but not vodaphone. In a new list I found all Uk suppliers use band 20, Some also use band 32. I cannot understand how M1 gets three ok and not the other? Three is 4g on band 3 and 20 only per list, but i get it ok.(M1  only supports band 3),   Vodaphone is 7 and 20, but have problems.  (the M1 supports  only the band 7 ),One thing i read says that they can use different frequencys in different areas, would that explain?

Where i am really unclear is how BAND amalgamation works, or if it helps in the M1 or M2 ?

Does this mean that if only one band is present for 4g that the device can use it, and if 2 or more they can cross/amalgamate the bands?

I ask this because looking at the spec on the M2 that device also for Uk does not have band 20 in its supported list//Hence my confusion!

HOW does uk M2 work if still no band 20???

getting my band info from, there seems to be an odd mistake on info between them.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/uk-network-frequency-bands

https://c.mi.com/thread-1634883-1-0.html

https://www.4g.co.uk/4g-frequencies-uk-need-know/

Help please

Message 3 of 4
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Basically, 1TLAUS model can only go on B1/3/7 with European carrier, you might need to make sure your APN settings are done correctly, and not all the SIM card can be used as hotspot, that is limited by carrier, you need to check with your SIM card vendor if there is such limitation. Working on mobile phone does not necessary would work for M1/M2 as they are identified as hotspot device by default, that is different from mobile phone.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7