× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1100 will not run without battery

RaineTensai
Tutor

Nighthawk M1100 will not run without battery

Hello,

I have an ATT&T branded, Nighthawk M1 MR1100 1A1NAS. 

I use this AT&T hotspot as my main internet source.

I have a Netgear R700 Attached to it via ethernet cable, and all of the devices in the house are wi-fi and connected to the R700. 

Recently, I experienced the known problem of the battery in the nighthawk becoming very puffy. So much so that the back would not stay on, and the battery had to be taped into place to keep it from popping out. 

Everything I have read on this forum says that this hotspot/router should be able to run off of a 2-2.4amp 2.0 or 3.0 backwards compatible quickcharging charger, without the battery. 

I actually purchased a quick charger directly from a link found on these forums that was actively working for someone else. 

However, my router does not work with the battery removed. I am about ready to tear my hair out trying to figure out why. 

Things are getting really desperate here. I currently have tape, and a small sledge hammer holding my puffy battery in place so I can have enough of a connection to ask this question. 

Please, someone, tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
RaineTensai
Tutor

Also wanted to add that the Firmware is: 10.20.05.02. I tried to upgrade and it is stuck on "downloading 0%"

Message 2 of 4
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @RaineTensai ,

I have passed your information onto my colleagues that look after the AT&T account for help. 

Regards,

ArodiD

Message 3 of 4
RaineTensai
Tutor

Update: it updated firmware to 12.06.11.00 Now it operates without battery, but displays "Mobile Broadband Disconnected" and is basically useless to me as I can no longer use it for internet. Any solutions would be welcome. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7