× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M2 MR2100 Port forward help

OmarAlmajdi
Follower

Nighthawk M2 MR2100 Port forward help

Hello, 

Can someone please help me with port forwarding my Router to host a server. I recently bought this device and have no idea how to port forward it.

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @DrEvilJim ,

The latest FW 10.13.05.00 does not have port forwarding feature enabled.  Port forwarding will be enabled in a future MR but no ETA at this stage which I not what you want to hear.  I will update this post once it becomes available.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13

All Replies
a12b4c3
Aspirant

You cant yet. A new firmware will be out soon which enables the feature. It was removed soon after release after they discovered it broken....

Message 2 of 13
Bourkie
Aspirant

I have just update the the new firmware after the long re-assurance that the port forwarding would be enabled and there is no change to the menu. 

What is going on! This has been assured to me by both Netgear and Telstra and was sold to me as a solution back in April for its Port Forwarding abilities....

Message 3 of 13
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bourkie

May we please have the firmware version? Kindly PM me the device IMEI and PRI or you can provide a screenshot of the About tab page. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 13
DrEvilJim
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,  do you have any update to this issue regarding port forwarding function for M2, and the new firmware upgrade that is supposed to resolve this issue.

Regards, jim

Message 5 of 13
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @DrEvilJim ,

The latest FW 10.13.05.00 does not have port forwarding feature enabled.  Port forwarding will be enabled in a future MR but no ETA at this stage which I not what you want to hear.  I will update this post once it becomes available.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 6 of 13
Bourkie
Aspirant

Thank you for the straight answer. Unfortunately I have been told otherwise since late April and was not able to provide the webservices for my customer as informed by Telstra and Netgear. The difficult part is now discussing with Telstra why we need to get a credit for the M2 as we have been forced to purchase a second solution incorperating the Huawai B618 to have successful port forwarding. The manual and sales literature for Telstra states the M2 has this feature, but clearly dosent, and is therefor advertising features it dosen't have.

The M2 was very fast and quite easy to operate, and having the battery was a bonus for any power interuptions we may have had. As far as how difficult it has been to get a straight answer is now what Netgear need to address.

Thank you for being honest with the functionality.

Message 7 of 13
DrEvilJim
Aspirant

thank you for the update.

Message 8 of 13

Hi Arodi

Thank you for your assistance in clarifying the matter of port forwarding. I'm one of those who waits for this option actually.

I need just one more clarification if you don't mind, my lastest M2 FW version is NTGX24_10.130.300 at the time I understood that the latest one should be 10.13.05.00, could you advise if I have anything wrong in updating my router?

Many thanks 

Abdulla 

Message 9 of 13
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @AbdullahAlHerz ,

The latest firmware for MR2100-1TLAUS is 10.13.05.00.  Can you please help to clarify the model number of your device if it is not MR2100-1TLAUS?  If you are not using an MR2100-1TLAUS then you will not receive the 10.13.05.00 update.  Send me a PM with your details.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 10 of 13

Hi Arodi 

Thank you for your replay and assistance.. just sent the details in a PM

Regards 

Abdulla 

Message 11 of 13
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @AbdullahAlHerz ,

Thanks for the PM.  Your device is not MR2100-1TLAUS which is sold in AU and has latest FW 10.13.05.00.  Your SKU MR2100-1RDMES has a different firmware version as it is sold by a different ISP which is why your FW version is different.  Once the ISP approves a newer FW you will receive a notification to upgrade.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 12 of 13

Hi @ArodiD 

Many thanks! I'll keep following up with the ISP and checking this post between time to other..

My main purpose of purchasing this router is using the port forwarding, I hope the FW with that update will be released very soon!

Best wishes 

Abdullah 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7