× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M2 US availability

Apollon
Apprentice

Nighthawk M2 US availability

Disclaimer: This question is for Netgear stuff or company's insiders only, who have the actual information I'm seeking. I'm NOT interested in guesses/opinions/speculations or any other type of comments (including opinions about my chosen target audience for this thread) from users, who are not affiliated with Netgear in any way. Please respect this request and thank you for understanding.

Hello Netgear,

Your press release I'm linking at the end of this post says “The Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router is now available as an unlocked mobile hotspot and router.”  and it also says towards the end “.... Nighthawk M2 mobile router .... will be available worldwide within the third quarter of calendar year 2019.”. 

The first press release statement referenced above is false - the device has NOT been released in the USA. As for the second statement about "worldwide" Q3 2019 availability - we are halfway through that Q3 2019 and the device has already been released in Australia, Europe, Middle East, parts of Asia - pretty much everywhere, besides North America. Therefore, I have a couple of questions related to that:

1. According to your press release the device will be available in Q3 2019 "worldwide" - that term includes USA. Since we are no more than 7 weeks away from the end of Q3 2019 - could you help your North American customers with more accurate Nighthawk M2 release date? With only 7 weeks left to meet that Q3 2019 public commitment, there is no incentive for the company to withhold product release information for the only remaining market.
  2. You are USA based company, and you have already released this device literally everywhere in the world, *but* USA - why discriminate against your own people, and keep them waiting longer, than everyone else in the world?

Thanks in advance for those clarifications.

Nighthawk M2 Netgear Press Release

Message 1 of 5
Apollon
Apprentice

Hello Netgear,

It's been nearly 2 weeks without reply. Following up on this request for some clarifications. Please let your North American customers know what is going on with this product, which you have already made available everywhere in the world, but USA/Canada.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 2 of 5
Apollon
Apprentice

Giving this one last bump. Netgear, you may want to consider replying to this one, otherwise a lot of your current customers may become former customers, as soon as given alternative product choice from another brand. Your obvious discrimination against US market and lack of transparancy about company's plans for this device in North American market are deterring your existing customers and prospective ones from North American market from future use of the Netgear products.

Message 3 of 5
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

While I'd love to point the finger at Netgear given what a hot mess the MR1100 was/is.  Clearly this M2 is being held up by either AT&T and/or the FCC.  Given the launch of the M2 in nearly every market save for NA, I sincerely doubt Netgear is to blame.

While I'd love to drop my MR1100 in a hot minute, and Netgear entirely.  Regrettably, in the "land of opportunity" there are few if any other options.  I have most of them, and the MR1100's combination of battery life, speed, and Ethernet still puts it above anything else AT&T has to offer.  

Though it seems rather abnoxiously priced at $250 these days

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 4 of 5
PapaSnarf
Guide

Im almost 99% will not be coming to the US unless you import it in. The reason its because of the M5, it makes more sence. If the M1 is capable of getting speeds up to 1Gbs and i seen some people get 800+mbs in some area with LAA+ on AT&T it does not make sense to get the m2 since it does not support 5G. The M5 in the other hands supports 5G NR and that will be a much better choice for carriers this year. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7