× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M2

Hugo-C
Aspirant

Nighthawk M2

Hello,

I am looking for help re using my MR2100 without a battery. Page 26 of the User Guide says..." if you connect ....to a power adapter that supports Quick Charge 2.0 or 3.0,you can remove the battery"........for example....." where the mobile router is used for extended periods...as a fixed router".

I am unable to determine if the AC adapter that is supplied with the router supports Quick Charge 2.0 / 3.0, or not.

AC Adapter specs: P/N 332-11107-01. Model AD2122120. Type 007LF.

Router purchased 2019-Sept-02 from Telstra (Australia)

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 4
n3t
Apprentice
Apprentice

I live somewhere else in the world and don't know this specific adapter, but here is how you should be able to find out yourself:

A normal "legacy" USB power supply only provides 5V, while Quick Charge allows for higher voltages of 9V and beyond. This is what the M2 wants.

Each and every power adapter should have its specs printed on it somewhere — input and output voltages, currents, wattage — so you'd just need to have a close look. If 5V is all that is mentioned, you should get yourself another adapter which supports Quick Charge. If it says 9V, or if it specifies is a range of e.g. 5V – 12V, you got an adapter which supports some sort of fast charging, with Quick Charge being the safest bet unless some other fast charging method is explicitly mentioned.

Message 2 of 4
Hugo-C
Aspirant

I appreciate that advice; 9v charging gets a mention on the unit;so QuickCharge appears to be supported.

thanks H

Message 3 of 4
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

The charger included with my MR1100 was aweful.  I threw it away and bought a high quality QC2/3 one from anker.com

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7