× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M2

InfoMedix
Aspirant

Nighthawk M2

Hi Guys,

We have an SG-5100 Netgate Security Gateway (with pfSense) configured as a firewall, LAN or WAN router in our office network. The gateway is by default connected to the internet via Fibre 400 Mbps Connection.

I have set up a failover mechanism in pfSense and it is designed to redirect the traffic automatically to the Nighthawk M2 device (via the LAN port) when the main internet connection fails.

Each time when this failover mechanism was tested, the Nighthawk M2 device got frozen and needed to be rebooted.

I was just wondering if you could help us find the right way to use the device so that it will not crash and will be able to provide a 4G connection.

Regards,

Eran

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nighthawk M2

Probably best start afresh.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems

Message 2 of 5
InfoMedix
Aspirant

Hi @michaelkenward,

Thank you for your comments.

Should I re create this and start a new discussion, or has this been moved to the right place?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5

Probably best start afresh.

Message 4 of 5
InfoMedix
Aspirant

Thanks, will do.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats