× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M2100

Thosmas
Aspirant

Nighthawk M2100

I have the above device which won’t start up, initially it flashes blue gets to 2 dots on the screen then flashes red every 5 seconds!

it won’t go any further!

any help please!

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk M2100

1. did you try a factory reset? 

2. or removing the battery? 

3. is your battery charged or using an approved charger? (i've seen reports that a 2.4amp charger will run it without a battery)

4. is it new? or how old is it? 

Message 2 of 6
Transfluxor
Apprentice

How to do a reset if the router does not boot? It doesn't matter if it has a SIM in it or not, whether it has a battery or not, it just won't boot. Instead of a bunch of useless questions, it would be better to post the firmware, the router is switched to bootloader mode.

Message 3 of 6
Thosmas
Aspirant

Hi

thx for response

yes I’ve pressed the reset and held button many times.

yes I’ve tried without battery

im using the charger from an M1 router

it two yrs old

Message 4 of 6
Thosmas
Aspirant

Hi

thx for response

i can’t get firmware if it doesn’t boot

how do I get out of boot loader mode?

Message 5 of 6
Transfluxor
Apprentice

Hello, I replied to the previous post.
You do not have a boot mode, when there are two dots on the screen and the red LED blinks - in 99% of cases this means that the firmware of the router is damaged or it is malfunctioning. To check, remove not only the battery but also the SIM card, reboot - if the router does not boot, then there is a problem in the firmware or a malfunction. If you have a certified Netgear service nearby, then you are in luck and it is better to go to them.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7