× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk MR 1100 questions before i buy

Alchemeister
Follower

Nighthawk MR 1100 questions before i buy

Okay Ill try to keep this succint. I havent yet purchased the Nighthawk but i am looking at it as a viable solution. I live rurally and currently use my phone connection as the internet, i have a cell antenna and an amplifier as well for the frequency im using. The nighthawk has MIMO which i cant seem to find on any straight signal amplifiers, i have a feeling MIMO will drastically increase my performance., Now the question, can i bypass the nightgears ability to act like a router and just use it as a signal amplifier? if not is there a product that can?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk MR 1100 questions before i buy

Could you please advise which carrier is availble at your area and what is the signal level you can get?

Furthermore, do you know what LTE bands can be seen at your area?

If you can have a decent network coverage, MIMO will help to improve the device's performance. 

I am not sure what you mean by using the device as signal amplifier. If you have a good coverage, I think you can use the device directly to serve your needs.

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7