× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk MR 2100 Manual Firmware Update

chart69
Tutor

Nighthawk MR 2100 Manual Firmware Update

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of firmware for a Nighthawk M2 (MR2100)?

My unit seems to have a corrupted firmware version, In the web interface it is displaying unit as AC810xS instead of Nighthawk M2 and unable to enable wi-fi (amongst other things). I am unable to get any update using the web interface option or by using the touch panel on the device - just keeps saying "checking"

I want to see if I can manually push a firmware update from a file (as this is avalaible in the web interface) but there is noting available on the Netgear support page under downloads (only Netgear software to install on an Android or iOS device - which is useless anyway because I cannot get the wi-fi to enable even if if it did allow me to get firmware).

I have tried to contact Netgear support (by phone and through chat) but I might as well be talking to the wall whilst standing on a carousel.....

Would apprecaite any help on where I can get a copy of firmware.

Message 1 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @chart69

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR2100-100EUS)? This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label.

When you try to update the firmware, please make sure that the device is powered on with the battery and not just the power adapter.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 9
chart69
Tutor

Hi

It is a MR2100-1TLAUS

Devuce is powered on with battery installed and plugged into power as well.

Message 3 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi chart69, 

MR2100-1TLAUS is a Telstra SKU unit. Did you purchase this unit from Telstra? There is no option to manually update the firmware as it is locked by the Internet Provider.

Have you tried factory resetting? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 9
chart69
Tutor

Hi Bianca

Yes the unit was purchased from Telstra.

I can go in through tghe web interface (but I have to connect by USB or Ethernet as the wi-fi is disabled) and I can go firmware update and have the option to be able to push a file.Firmware.JPG

If I do a factory reset (which I had tried previously) I still get the same description for the device (AC81xS) and nothing changed with regards to the diabled wi-fi

Dashboard.JPG

I also lose the internet settings totally and I have to manully re-enter these back into the device to get internet access.

Message 5 of 9
Transfluxor
Apprentice

If you update to a new Australian one, then the possibility of manual updating will be lost. I have updated several times 1TLAUS since the purchase but did not notice any improvements, now I regret that I updated. I would upgrade to the European version, which still has the option of manual update and would never flash the s_hitty Australian version again. It's too late for me, but you can avoid this mistake.

Message 6 of 9
aaatjs
Aspirant

I’m in the exact same situation here, firmware update that was pushed has done the same to mine. Please help us here.

Tony
Message 7 of 9
chart69
Tutor

Hi Tony

After much backwards and forward with Netgear (where at one point I was contacted directly by someone at Netgear to say that the device had to be returned to them for re-install) I was finally advised that I had to speak with my ISP provider (which is Telstra in my situation) as they apparently push out the updates for by MR2100.

Telstra have now contacted me and we are in the process of having the unit returned to them for repair / replacement.

Coming up to 2 months now to get this problem fixed....still waiting....

Message 8 of 9
thingamajig
Tutor

Coming up to 2 months now to get this problem fixed....still waiting....
Good luck with them , and also there is something not right with latest update.
Dennis...
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7