× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk MR1100 At&T Unlock help without new SIM

TxToolman
Aspirant

Nighthawk MR1100 At&T Unlock help without new SIM

I have a Nighthawk Mobile Router MR1100 from AT&T.  I no longer use and have discontinued my service with AT&T.  I need to unlock to Sell but can't figure out how to do so.  I was able to get the unlock code from AT&T with no problem through their Automated system (online).  The intructions tell how to do it, but a SIM card from different carrier has to be used.  I don't have one, just want to unlock it before selling.  Can anyone help with suggestions?

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 At&T Unlock help without new SIM

Hi @TxToolman ,

The unlock process requires another ISP SIM to be inserted where the device will then prompt you for the unlock code.  The unlock code does not change and is locked to the device S/N.  There are 2 options:

1.  Use a SIM from another ISP and perform the unlock

2.  Sell the device with unlock code printed somewhere

Please note that some SKU's will require the unlock code again if the device is factory reset .  I am not sure if the AT&T SKU will require unlock code again after a factory reset but to be safe I would go with option 2.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @TxToolman ,

The unlock process requires another ISP SIM to be inserted where the device will then prompt you for the unlock code.  The unlock code does not change and is locked to the device S/N.  There are 2 options:

1.  Use a SIM from another ISP and perform the unlock

2.  Sell the device with unlock code printed somewhere

Please note that some SKU's will require the unlock code again if the device is factory reset .  I am not sure if the AT&T SKU will require unlock code again after a factory reset but to be safe I would go with option 2.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
TxToolman
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.  I'll just send w/ code.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7