× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk MR1100 -- Yes you can unlock on AT&T

JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 -- Yes you can unlock on AT&T

Hmmmm,

Sounds illegal to me.  The FCC requires them to unlock devices which have satisfied the terms of their purchase.  You can file a complaint with the FCC, though I'm not sure it will have much traction.

Definately call AT&T back a few times and try different Reps.  Obviously they want to prevent fraud so you'll probably need to prove your identity somehow:

1) copy of sales receipt

2) photo ide

Perhaps go to an AT&T corporate store (not 3rd party) and have them pull up you case ID.  Bring your sales receipt and photo id.

Have a friend with an AT&T account call with your case info.

Yes, I agree it sux.  What if you signed up for a pre-paid account? Or a trial account and then cancelled?  

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 26 of 32
Synoptex
Aspirant

AHH. I'm out of US already. Not a US citizen. May be I'll be back in 6 month or so. I have no friends in US. Even AT&T is not my friend.

I can continue calling, but I'm afraid that 2 call will cost me the same as brand new modem 😄

So I think it's a fail for me and I can't do anything anymore.
Message 27 of 32
Synoptex
Aspirant

Anyone wants to buy brand new MR1100-2A1NAS for the half price? 😄

150 bucks for modem or I pay 100 bucks if someone helps me to unlock 🙂
Message 28 of 32
Synoptex
Aspirant

After a million of calls and attempts to unlock, after million of fails and "polite" comment on their FB and forum accidentally received an unlock code from their website. Wow, it works. And AT&T sucks.

Thank you for being with me all this hard time )
Message 29 of 32
Harry_112
Aspirant

I have a problem like you. I am trying reach AT&T, and they said AT&T can not unlock my hostpot as I do not have an ATT acc. Could you show me, where is ATT facebook and I try to make some polite comments 

Message 30 of 32
GregHumph
Aspirant

Hey John,

We just got an MR1100 and it came with an unlock code; however, when we try to login to the att admin panel, it comes up as Invalid Password. Any ideas on that or how to get around it? Or is there somewhere else that I'm supposed to be entering the unlock code?

Thanks!

Message 31 of 32
helix919
Tutor

I would do a factory reset. Under the battery cover is a small hole that you can push with a paper clip and hold for 15 seconds to force a factory reset
Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7