× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk MR1100 autonomous mode

_Eric_
Aspirant

Nighthawk MR1100 autonomous mode

Hi !

I am interested in buying the MR1100 Nighthawk Mobile Router.

Could you please confirm that this Wifi device can be used in autonomous mode ?

I mean having a local wifi network without any sim card or ethernet cable.

If not, could you please give me another netgear model which is able to do so with a battery.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Eric G.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 autonomous mode

So you want a battery powered wireless access point?  So your laptops / mobile internet devices can talk to each other?

You could do something like this -- which is USB 5V powered, and then get a decent sized Lithium Ion Battery (Anker)

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Travel-Router-TL-WR902AC/dp/B01N5RCZQH/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=b...

Cheaper and better than the MR1100.  I've not tried to use my MR1100 without the SIM card installed.  Often Wifi clients on these types of Internet sharing devices are isolated from one another.  But this may be configurable.

You could likely buy the MR1100 from Best Buy, try it without the SIM card (or a non-activated SIM card) and then return within the 14 days window (check the return policy first).  AT&T may have them in store as well.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 3
_Eric_
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 autonomous mode

Exactly !!

I need laptops and others mobile devices to be able to talk to each other.

All the devices and laptops have fixed IP addresses and I dont't want them to be connected to Internet. I would like to have a system as simple as possible with less devices as possible.

I know I ask a lot but, if you allready have an MR1100, could you please just make a try without any SIM card ? The idea to test it is really good anyway.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Eric G.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7