× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk MR1100 - keeps switching to CellID's with worse RSRP numbers.. why is this?

SWADoug
Follower

Nighthawk MR1100 - keeps switching to CellID's with worse RSRP numbers.. why is this?

Model: MR1100 - hardware version 1

Firmware:NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14  - firmware build date 1/24/20 - checked for fw update 4/5/20

Carrier: AT&T

Currently configured using the 2.4 Gig and 5 Gig

Have been monitoring how the NG or AT&T switches between Cell ID's in a short amount of time. (minutes and hours).  Best Cell ID that I've witnessed has been 88086033 running roughly around -78 RSRP but it only stays on that Cell ID for a short amount of time it seems and then it jumps between other Cell ID's providing RSRP levels in the -105 RSRP levels!!!.. This is obviously not good for even the slowest of data thresholds.  I figured that this was due to a alogorithm based upon possible traffic on the AT&T network but can only seem to gloss over the eyes of the techs at the store when I ask them these pointed RF questions.  I have figured out where their towers are and am in the process of re-pointing my 10 dBi Yagi antenna, was used for Verizon network until I switched, towards the AT&T towers I suspect are broadcasting the LTE signals.  

Looking for suggestions on how best to attack this issue.  I realize that this is about link budget (node to transmitter, clutter, terrain, gain and loss of cable antenna etc etc.), but uncertain if there's a way that I can "lock" onto a given Cell ID or something along those lines.  Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 2
labatt
Mentor

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 - keeps switching to CellID's with worse RSRP numbers.. why is this?

Best way to attack issue is to ask question in the correct forum. Netgear's site does make it easy to find the correct forum. This forum is for Nighthawk routers. Ask your question in this forum.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7