× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk MR1100 won’t show for pc

TaraBTexas
Aspirant

Nighthawk MR1100 won’t show for pc

I have a nighthawk mr1100 connected to at&t as a mobile WiFi router all devices see it fine other than my windows 10 pc.  I have manually added it as a profile; no change.  I can see a phone with a hotspot and the direct tv network when choosing a network however the router simply doesn’t show. I have done all basic troubleshooting such as turning on and off computer/WiFi/router.  Router is approx 30 ft from the router itself. As mentioned 2 iPads 2 phones and a MacBook can see the network and connect fine. And suggested direction? Talked to at&t they suggested I remove my adapter from my motherboard. Thanks so much. This poor girl just wants back to gaming after moving. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 won’t show for pc

Hi @TaraBTexas

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

If other WiFi devices can detect and connect to the network then the MR1100 WiFi function is working. You mentioned that the Windows 10 Computer detects a phone hotspot, what happen if you will select this network? Is it asking for a WiFi password? For isolation, please bring the MR1100 same room where the Windows 10 PC is setup and check if it detects the network this time. Was this working before? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
TaraBTexas
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 won’t show for pc

Thank you for your response.  The problem actually ended up being range.  When the router was next to the pc it saw the network fine.   

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7