× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk MR2100 M2 - Firmware no longer updating

ulfertg
Initiate

I'm having this issue for month and just came back here to check if there is a solution available.

None of the workarounds descibed in thie thread worked for me.

I'm honestly pretty surprised that a company like Netgear seems to be having this much trouble just to get a basic function working again.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 26 of 36
Cage1010
Guide

Hi, I have both MR1100 and MR2100, and I noticed that my MR1100 can have better performance than MR2100.

Below link is the screen shot including MR1100 and MR2100 speedtest result and device information.

Is there any firmware update for MR2100 to catch up the performance as MR1100?

Thank you.

Best regards, Cage.

MR1100 SpeedTest and Device Info.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qlFCRwTz-bOmpBPY4zNNkFr-hvs1cl4u/view?usp=sharing 

MR2100 SpeedTest and Device Info.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FIwPUjUdY1DEs_DwbQLBYYK79QKjWJbh/view?usp=sharing 

Message 27 of 36
schumaku
Guru

Betreff: Nighthawk MR2100 M2 - Firmware no longer updating

@JohnPeng What's the point for using NTP on a system with a connection to a 2G/3G/4G/5G WWAN network?

Message 28 of 36
shonky_gear
Aspirant

i'm havng a hard time believing it too. but it's looking that way. i've tried data off load, alternative sim cards and i've evne tried piping through a VPN into a different country and nothing works. the NTP reasoning simply doesn't fly with me. this is looking like the most expensive piece of junk i've had the misfortune of buying.

Message 29 of 36
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Betreff: Nighthawk MR2100 M2 - Firmware no longer updating

@schumaku wrote:

@JohnPeng What's the point for using NTP on a system with a connection to a 2G/3G/4G/5G WWAN network?

FOTA server requires the device to have valid time to pass the autentification. Some carriers don't provide the network system time. This is one of the reasons we are using NTP. We are working on the fix for the NTP blocking issue by some carriers. 

Could you please advise your country and carrier?

Thanks

John 

Message 30 of 36
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@shonky_gear wrote:

i'm havng a hard time believing it too. but it's looking that way. i've tried data off load, alternative sim cards and i've evne tried piping through a VPN into a different country and nothing works. the NTP reasoning simply doesn't fly with me. this is looking like the most expensive piece of junk i've had the misfortune of buying.

Could you please provide your country and carrier SIM cards you used? What is the FW version on your device now?

Thanks

John

Message 31 of 36
shonky_gear
Aspirant

i'm sure i've replied to this already, but i can't seem to see it so here i go again... i suppose it's like this firmware, unable to update due to some random NTP issue... as it's also impossible to actually copy the details off the page, here's a picture. hopefully it carries all the information you need.

Message 32 of 36
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@shonky_gear wrote:

i'm sure i've replied to this already, but i can't seem to see it so here i go again... i suppose it's like this firmware, unable to update due to some random NTP issue... as it's also impossible to actually copy the details off the page, here's a picture. hopefully it carries all the information you need.

Yoru device is from EE UK and it is already on the latest EE UK release. In order to release a new FW to EE UK, we need to have their approval first. Since there is no new request from EE UK, we can't release anything new to your device.

Thanks

John

Message 33 of 36
shonky_gear
Aspirant

That’s more than a bit crap then isn’t it, clearly this software has issues. With the battery missing, running off an adapter it reboots 4 or 5 times a day. That’s a defect.
Message 34 of 36
zruiran
Aspirant

Nighthawk MR2100 M2 - Firmware no longer updating--kuwait-ooredoo

not updating,my router. how i get help?  

Message 35 of 36
Cloudtp
Aspirant

I want to ask software downgrade netgear mr2100 is it possible