× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk Mobile Router Hotspot Remote Access

sdinz
Follower

Nighthawk Mobile Router Hotspot Remote Access

Is there a way to access this device using the external IP? Perhaps I need to know the port the web admin UI is on because so far I can't get it to work and I don't see any remote management options in the admin panel.

But I need a way to manage these devices remotely when they are nowhere near me. I am thinking these devices are not mad for a huge fleet of vehicles because there is no "template" system to apply mass settings in one click (something that is essential for a large fleet) and I see no way to manage them remotely.

Any input is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mobile Router Hotspot Remote Access

To start with - you re talking of the M1 aka. MR1100?

AFAIK there is (still) no remote management access (or DDNS) available - here a post of August 2017 -> Nighthawk M1 MR1100 - Remote WAN Admin? 

Beyond of this, one of the key problems is that more and more mobile ISP have deployd CAG - carrier grade NAT - and no longer public accessible IPv4 addresses to the mobile devices.

Both the remote management and business/volume administration must be answered by the Netgear team in charge of these products.

Regards,

-Kurt

PS: Netgear moderators, please move (again) - this time to the appropriate Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems section.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7