× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk Mobile Router Hotspot Remote Access

sdinz
Follower

Nighthawk Mobile Router Hotspot Remote Access

Is there a way to access this device using the external IP? Perhaps I need to know the port the web admin UI is on because so far I can't get it to work and I don't see any remote management options in the admin panel.

But I need a way to manage these devices remotely when they are nowhere near me. I am thinking these devices are not mad for a huge fleet of vehicles because there is no "template" system to apply mass settings in one click (something that is essential for a large fleet) and I see no way to manage them remotely.

Any input is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mobile Router Hotspot Remote Access

To start with - you re talking of the M1 aka. MR1100?

AFAIK there is (still) no remote management access (or DDNS) available - here a post of August 2017 -> Nighthawk M1 MR1100 - Remote WAN Admin? 

Beyond of this, one of the key problems is that more and more mobile ISP have deployd CAG - carrier grade NAT - and no longer public accessible IPv4 addresses to the mobile devices.

Both the remote management and business/volume administration must be answered by the Netgear team in charge of these products.

Regards,

-Kurt

PS: Netgear moderators, please move (again) - this time to the appropriate Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems section.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7