× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk Mobile Router, M1-MR1100-NAS, cannot upgrade firmware

nomad247
Tutor

Nighthawk Mobile Router, M1-MR1100-NAS, cannot upgrade firmware

Bought this router off Ebay, bought a cell plan on EBay as well. After fully charging the router, unplugging it from power supply, within an hour is completely shuts off, will not turn on again unless I remove the battery and put it back in. Was told to upgrade the firmware (is a 10. should be as 12.) On the router config page, I click upgrade, the first time it acted as though it completed but when I checked,w as the same firmware. Every time I try to upgrade, is either saying downloading 0% and does nothing further, or says it is up to date. I have downloaded the firmware, onto a thumb drive but do not know how to install it from a thumb drive. ATT will not push the firmware because I bought the device and plan, separately, on EBay and do not pay ATT for the service plan I have, which is ATT. Anyone know how to correct this or am I screwed over? The seller will replace it but that will likely result in the same firmware issue, being out if date. With the shut down problem, I think the firmware upgrade would be a good idea. Any great tech out here can help with this? I would be very grateful.
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk Mobile Router, M1-MR1100-NAS, cannot upgrade firmware

Hi nomad247, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please make sure that you have excellent signal bars when you attempt to do firmware update. What is the current firmware version installed? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
nomad247
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk Mobile Router, M1-MR1100-NAS, cannot upgrade firmware

Hi, Thnks ir the suggestioin. Hre are a ew things to note. I bught this router o EBay aling with a sim card, so TT will NEVER push a firmware update. Last time I caled them, my router ended up going bacck t the seller on EBay. I do not know what they did to it i if they did but at aany rate, ATT will not push a irmware upgrade.

The firmware on this new one, I think did  one update but right now it has NTG9X50C_12.05.05.00

I learned in anoither fiorum here that the firmware shuts the router down if the temperature goes a above 40 degrees C. You cannot even use the router while charging as it will shut down within an hour (depends on your temperature). The one I have now, Iat first could not charge the battery, it went all theway to zero. the place I bought it sent me anotherbattery. I did email the cpmany and told them about the firmware, and that I plugged in the cqarer without turning on the router and the battery charged up to 100%. I use the router with no battery t make itlast longer and now have a second battery.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7