× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk Mobile stops working

Aggie83
Aspirant

Nighthawk Mobile stops working

Howdy.

I just replace my old hotspot with a Nighthawk MR1100 and am having an odd problem. The mobile router will suddenly stop allowing the internet connection to devices. The router still shows a LTE connection, and phones' data still works on LTE connection (not through the router), but it does not work. The router shows that the 9 devices are connected, and the devices show they are connected, but no joy.

I am hoping this is a setting which can be corrected! I found that if I turn off the mobile router, wait a few minutes and restart it, I 'may' get internet connection on my devices. I completely reset the mobile modem as well. Again, in my WinX laptop, ti shows connected and does not indicate the 'lost internet' asterisk in the toolbar. 

Any thoughts appreciated. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 12
Aggie83
Aspirant

I am in the US and have the ATT MR 1100 router. Sorry for confusion.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 2 of 12
Mexoh1To7k
Apprentice

Can you still access the M1 (like the web interface) from the devices at the moment the connection drops?

I would also check the ip addresses and the routes when the disconnection happens.

Message 3 of 12
Aggie83
Aspirant

I will try that tomorrow. The ATT cell tower is our only communication, so if I swap out the sim card to the Nighthawk, I will not have internet. 

Also, which IP addresses to I need to check? On my laptop?

Thank you very much. We have owned this for three days. It worked perfectly the first day. On day two, it would only work for a few minutes at a time, but my iPhone still was getting data.

Karen

Message 4 of 12
Mexoh1To7k
Apprentice

The default IP address of the NightHawk is 192.168.1.1.

You can access the web interface via http://192.168.1.1

Message 5 of 12
Aggie83
Aspirant

Ok. I can connect to the internet only when it is connected to a computer via usb cable.

I can connect tall of my devices to the wifi but it does not have internet access on 2 or 5.

the IP on the router is shown as 192.168.1.1

The wifi is set up as WPA2_Personal_AES

So, the Nighthawk does connect to ATT with the SIM card.

It can 'connect' to a multitude of devices, including laptops, desktops, phones, printers.

It cannot provide internet access to any of them wirelessly.

Broken router? I did not change any of the settings that were default. 

This mobile router has been turned off for two days, so a restart will not help.

Please advise if I should return this for replacement.

Message 6 of 12
Aggie83
Aspirant

I did a factory reset and the wifi now works.

I will try to capture data if/when it quits again.

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
Aggie83
Aspirant

And...... it quit again.  Returned the mobile router to Best Buy and was sent another. Worked great for two days!

Now, it works intermittantly. Everything is going smoothly and suddenly no internet !!!!!  The router still shows LTE connection and the up and download icon thingys. The computers are still connected to the router and the router shows that they are connected. The ATT cell tower connection is still working on the iPhones and the Iphones can work as a hotspot, so I do not believe there is a carrier issue.

Quite annoying!!!! There were seven devices connected to the mobile router. If we wait ten minutes, sometimes it 'fixes' itself. Otherwise, we have to turn it off and then back on.  So far, I am not impressed. I will say the speed is better than the previous netgear mobile router.

I have a netgear network expander connected as well, but the connection fails even when directly connected to the router.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 8 of 12
Mexoh1To7k
Apprentice

Hi,

I think you haven't answered the question previously asked.

When you connect to the router and the connection drops, are you still able to access the mr1100's interface at http://192.168.1.1 ?

Message 9 of 12
Aggie83
Aspirant

Yes, we could still access that ip. The only thing that worked was turning if on, then back on. Would not work more than two hours at a time, sometimes only 15 minutes. I have returned the second one and moved back to my Unite Pro which still works.

Message 10 of 12
Mexoh1To7k
Apprentice

If the mr1100 remains accessible when the connection disappears and that the web interface still says that it is connected to (which means that the ppp session is established). I think the issue is likely related to automatic configuration. Perhaps it is just DNS.

When the connection drops. Can you try to access http://212.129.20.209/ ? It should load a page that says "Apache2 Debian Default Page".

Can you also log in to the mr1100's web interface and visit http://192.168.1.1/index.html#settings/status then the "NETWORK" tab. Are there values in the IPV4 and IPV6 sections?

Message 11 of 12
Aggie83
Aspirant

No, I can’t do those things. As mentioned I returned it and reverted to my Unite Pro.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7