× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk Router for travel

TommyStinson
Follower

Nighthawk Router for travel

I own an RV and travel quite a bit. At each campground we stay in there is usually a wifi system we can log into. These systems are sometimes ok but other times very difficult. Intermittant pauses in streaming and downloading, very slow and hard to connect.  I would like to upgrade my ability to get and use wifi in these camp grounds where signal is difficult. Seeking advice from anyone who has successfully improved thier system to deal with these weaker compgrounds. Please advise and thankyou in advance. 

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk Router for travel

Is this the sort of thing you had in mind?

Mobile Broadband | Home | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Router for travel

Once upon a time, Netgear offered a travel router for this purpose -> PR2000 Trek Travel Router and Range Extender ...unfortunately it's no longer readily available.

Alternate would be some kind of wireless access point which can be configured to connect a Gigabit Ethernet to a Wireless access point (as available in the RV parks), paired with some more or less "simple" home router with a Gigabit Ethernet WAN/Internet port, some Ethernet LAN ports and providing your own wireless.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7