× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk admin screen always appearing on boot-up!

_underscore
Aspirant

Nighthawk admin screen always appearing on boot-up!

Apologies, simple question with hopefully simple answer, but for the moment it eludes me.

I'm fixing/updating a friends laptop and this problem keeps popping up.

They have a Nighthawk modem connected to their laptop via a USB cable and not WiFi, and only connect to the net via this modem's cell phone connection.

They only run the Nighthawk by usb cable and no battery in the modem, so it's powered on and off with the laptop.

They also only run MS Edge as their Internet browser.

The modem works fine.

When they close down the laptop, they always 'Shut down' the laptop power, so everything goes dead until next startup.

Everytime the laptop boots, Edge also starts and throws up the Netgear Nighthawk Admin login screen!

It's not needed and the tab can be deleted as everything is working fine on the laptop and the modem, but why and what is triggering the Netgear Admin login screen to keep appearing?

I can't see any setting in the Nighthawk to stop this, so I'm guessing it's somthing in Win 10/Edge here?

If the laptop is closed down by just putting it to sleep, then no problems, the Netgear Admin screen doesn't pop up. It's only a cold reboot that does it.

What causes this and how can I stop it.

Thanks for some help here if you can.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk admin screen always appearing on boot-up!

Hi @_underscore

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please clear browser cache and cookies. 

Does the issue re-occur if the Nighthawk modem is unplugged? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @_underscore

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please clear browser cache and cookies. 

Does the issue re-occur if the Nighthawk modem is unplugged? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
_underscore
Aspirant

Thank you and apologies, I couldn't find the button to say 'Resolved' until your answer came along, otherwise I would have stopped this 2 days ago.

I didn't try the unplug suggestion, but I have cleared the cache and cookies, and I ended up switching off MS Edge and installing Chrome.

After a few more tweaks it stopped, so I'm not exactly sure now at what point I cured it, but it's cured.

Thank  you for your help here.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7