× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk m2100 Mobile Router

jaypees
Follower

Nighthawk m2100 Mobile Router

We have about x20 of the M2100 mobile routers purchase to be used. I have been using the M1. But, since they're not available anymore we've had to purhase the m2100.

No ability to set to bridge mode ONLY, turn off NAT or IP passthrough.

Someone send me the non proprietry Telstra Software and just the orginal netgear firmware to updload.

The technology functionality of the device shouldn't be restricted because it was purchased through a re-distributer with their own software. your user documentation has some of these functionality available. We should be able to use that

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk m2100 Mobile Router

Someone send me the non proprietry Telstra Software and just the orginal netgear firmware to updload.

The technology functionality of the device shouldn't be restricted because it was purchased through a re-distributer with their own software. your user documentation has some of these functionality available. We should be able to use that

I take it you mean the MR2100? Its very common for companies to put their own software on devices when they're selling/reselling products. Its like any of the wireless carriers having their own locked software on samsung/apple/zte/etc devices. Its how resellers can sell it for lower prices than they buy it for because they're making $ off selling the services the devices provides. The reseller can restrict what options are available. Look at how att disabled hotspots for the longest time. You're basically asking for it to be unlocked and modded. There's aftermarket sellers who can potentially unlock them and help you out with that but you're not going to find it on an official netgear forum.

If you do read the forums though it looks like ip passthrough is being worked on.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/IP-Passthrough-on-MR2100/td-p/175790...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7