× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk m2100 - forgot admin password

MisterB1959
Aspirant

Nighthawk m2100 - forgot admin password

Hi, i cant login to admin, i cant remember changing my password and when i use the original password it wont let me in, so i muxt have changed it. how do i reset the password to gain access to the admin functions, in partlucilar data offloading 

i can use the data sim and access the internet with no issues, but want to access a local wifi system to use their data. 

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
celler
Guide

Re: Nighthawk m2100 - forgot admin password

I believe the only way to do this is a factory reset which will remove all your setting and go back to original settings which will allow you to put in a new admin password.  All settings will be lost.  Take the battery cover off and locate the reset hole below the battery.  It is marked.  Put a paper clip or similar in the hole and push lightly for 30 seconds.  The factory reset will take about one minute.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
celler
Guide

Re: Nighthawk m2100 - forgot admin password

I believe the only way to do this is a factory reset which will remove all your setting and go back to original settings which will allow you to put in a new admin password.  All settings will be lost.  Take the battery cover off and locate the reset hole below the battery.  It is marked.  Put a paper clip or similar in the hole and push lightly for 30 seconds.  The factory reset will take about one minute.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7