× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk mr1100 at&t wont turn on completely. help!

grim14
Follower

Nighthawk mr1100 at&t wont turn on completely. help!

Hi, my MR1100 Nighthawk wifi router decided not to turn on all the way this morning, a orange light turned on (not blinking) and the screen says "NETGEAR" and nothing else happens. It's been like this for 5 hours now,

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 2
hvelderr
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk mr1100 at&t wont turn on completely. help!

Hello,

Soo.. first off, unplug your router, take out the battery, give it a couple minutes, plug your power cable back into the router, see if it turns on, if it does, insert battery to let it charge. If you did not have battery inside to begin with, then you can still follow the instructions until the end and take the battery out after you are done. 

Check what the router does after it powers back on, it should resume normal function, but if it doesn’t, just reset the router. If you don’t have any back up settings, that’s fine, doesnt take long to set it up again. Also, do you only use this for WiFi on the go? Or is it stationary, as in being used for home internet? If it is, i highly reocmmmend pairing the MR1100 with a router, like the R7000 or R7800, and configure settings, which I can instruct, so that you can use the more powerful router i suggested to do all the work. Depending on your location and signal quality, might be able to push 150+mbps download / 50mbps upload. That’s what I do, and i’ve burned through at least 500GBs of data each month for the last 3-4 months. Yes, 500GBS+ alone on the MR1100. Most of the data consumption come from downloading games on Xbox and streaming, though streaming doesn’t consume much, as in 1080p HD / 4K UHDR content. I mostly stream FHD content on YouTube. Music playlists, some video channels, and more music. I also use streaming services, and use the WiFi for all my other devices, like my PC, tablet, phone too lol, and video games. Word on the street, exclusive info here btw, AT&T releasing new data plans by end of the year, since they just announced their new 5G Netgear Nighthawk Mobile Hotspot too. Just wait for specifications to be released and see if it’s worth grabbing. If it has Ethernet, it’s definitely worth the buy. Though, also depends on where you live and if you area is 4G LTE-LAA capable or 5G capable, which is basically available if LTE-LAA is. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7