× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk router

Gwynn
Follower

Nighthawk router

Very unsure of myself about technical things. Been watching YouTube and interested in the Nighthawk router. Bought an AT&T phone and SIM card bought a used Nighthawk couldn't get the SIM card in it and returned the router. Before I buy another one which I want to do I want to make sure I can complete the process. Is it really as simple is buying that phone and card which I did and inserting it in the router? Then I understand there's an app I can pull up to go through the steps to get it set up is that correct am I doing the right thing here.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

We have two models of MR1100 in US, one sold by AT&T and one sold on Amazon. For Amzon one, you can use AT&T and T-Mobile SIM cards with it. But if you buy an AT&T one, you have to use AT&T SIM.

It is pretty easy to set up the device.APN should be configurated automatically for major US carriers, but not Verizon. If you just use the default settings, you don't need to log in to Mobile App or WebUI to configure the device.

View solution in original post

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

We have two models of MR1100 in US, one sold by AT&T and one sold on Amazon. For Amzon one, you can use AT&T and T-Mobile SIM cards with it. But if you buy an AT&T one, you have to use AT&T SIM.

It is pretty easy to set up the device.APN should be configurated automatically for major US carriers, but not Verizon. If you just use the default settings, you don't need to log in to Mobile App or WebUI to configure the device.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7