× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk

Didactylos
Tutor

Nighthawk

I have had this a week and it has been fine, then suddenly an hour ago the wifi stopped working, no light on, no reason. The etehrnet connections are working fine. I have rebooted twice and still nothing. Is it fixable or do I need to return ti to the purchaser for a replacement?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Didactylos
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk

Problem eliminated - I was able through linking to my phone get a Wi-Fi connection and fiddle with the wifi settings on the app - it is now back on fine. I can only assume one of our cats had been in the router and held the wifi button down for a while which had ‘locked’ it off. There is now a cat shield on the router

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What actual router do you have? You didn't put a model.

Did you push and hold the wifi on/off button for 2 seconds?

Message 2 of 5
Didactylos
Tutor

Problem eliminated - I was able through linking to my phone get a Wi-Fi connection and fiddle with the wifi settings on the app - it is now back on fine. I can only assume one of our cats had been in the router and held the wifi button down for a while which had ‘locked’ it off. There is now a cat shield on the router
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working!

Message 4 of 5

@Didactylos wrote:
I can only assume one of our cats had been in the router and held the wifi button down for a while which had ‘locked’ it off. There is now a cat shield on the router

This is not the first report of feline sabotage.

They like sitting on top of warm electronics.  Great for getting fur inside the electronics.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7