× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

No Carrier Aggregation icon on LED Display or Apps or WebApps

Azmann
Aspirant

No Carrier Aggregation icon on LED Display or Apps or WebApps

Hi.. I cannot find any icon or status show my modem is doing carrier aggregation. On LCD, it just dispaly 4G all the time. Same also in WebApp and Android Apps.. no icon or status show carrier aggregation or 4G+. It very hard to know my modem get 4G+. Sometimes I need to do speedtest to find best spot to park my modem.. and it waste my 4G data. The only way to know is by using telnet AT command. But need a pc connection

Most android phone have 4G+ or LTE-A. This features is simple, but very usefull information for users. It is easy for users to locate/find the best spot to park the modem, since M1 is portable. As we know.. 4G+ vs 4G give different speed result. Nowdays .. most cat 6 or above lte modem show 4G+ like Huawei, TP-Link. Hopefully Netgear team can enable 4G+ status on LCD/webapps/apps. Thank you. 

Device : Netgear MR1100

FW: NTG9X50C_12.06.02.00

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 4
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Re: No Carrier Aggregation icon on LED Display or Apps or WebApps

Hi @Azmann,

Totally agree.  I wish Netgear gave us more info.  If you connect the hotspot to a laptop via USB, and telnet into the MR1100 (port 5510 if I recall correctly).  You can get more details info by issuing

AT!GSTATUS?

See this post "Re: [Nighthawk M1] B40 2300MHz and B7 2600MHz signal cannot be improved by external antenna"

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Azmann, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Thank you for your interest on this feature.You may post your query or suggestion to this page :

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Azmann
Aspirant

thanx... I already post my suggestion there.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7