× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: No Firmware Support for MR1100 Telstra

rabbieb
Guide

No Firmware Support for MR1100 Telstra

Why does the Download site say there is no firmware/software support for the MR1100 Telstra model? The user manual and Telstra both say Netgear provides device support.

I have had multiple problems with wifi connectivity since I did a firmware update last week per Telstra's advice. Tried all the standard fixes including factory reset - which did not roll back the firmware version. I want to try re-installing the firmware. There is no download available on the Netgear site. I can't do it from the device - it wont let me roll back or reinstall. 

What's going on?

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi All,

We released a new firmware for the Telstra Nighthawk M1 today.  This firmware resolves an issue where some users were not seeing data usage on their devices.  This firmware also enables Arlo Base Station support and gives user the option to disable Ethernet standby.

https://kb.netgear.com/000055962/Why-can-t-I-see-data-usage-on-my-Telstra-Nighthawk-M1

Kind Regards,

ArodiD

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 16

All Replies
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rabbieb,

I just wanted to add to this post just in case other people stumble upon this. Like in the other posts you have replied to, my internal team have been notified and are working on this. They will notify the public when the new firmware is released. Thank you and please be patient. :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 16
rabbieb
Guide

Appreciated JasonN.

Message 3 of 16
DavePhillips
Aspirant

I am also waiting (not so patiently) for the new firmware. My device was supplied wuth 10.16.04.04 which has the ethernet port going to sleep. This makes the device useless as a 4G backup for a router. I do the Firmware Updae check and it says it is the current firmware version. Can you at least put version 10.25.01.00 back so that I can fix the ethernet port going to sleep?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 4 of 16
koom
Tutor

This product is the worse thing I've ever bought from Netgear. Telstra have refused to do anything about assisting me with my M1 and PM's on this forum go unanswered.

I essentially have a $200+ paperweight that I bought for the purposes of a wireless hotspot, but only functions when it is connected to a computer via the onboard lan. I know I'm not the only one who has had troubles with this device, as you can see from the numerous posts on this website, Telstra community discussion, reddit and other discussion boards. 

I hope that the firmware is released, but I note that Australia appears to have missed out on a number of firmware updates that I see others across the world have the ability to upgrade to (albeit, through the device and not an uploadable firmware file as there should be one).

I won't be recommending this product to any of my friends or family as it has truely been a bad experience from the get go.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 5 of 16
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ArodiD has mentioned that an update is expected for the Telstra M1 by the end of this month. See Nighthawk M1 Data Usage

The M1 is sold in different countries for different carriers. Some changes in firmware updates are specific to the country/carrier.

Telstra sold the M1 from when it was launched over a year ago, whilst other carriers started selling it far more recently so you'd expect more fine tuning to be needed for the requirements of other carriers at this point.

Message 6 of 16
koom
Tutor

That's all well and good that an April update is coming out, however I'm still yet to receive the previous update and have been sitting on my current firmware since late last year.

I've received no help, have posted on these forums previously and am at the point of throwing this device at the ground. How can such a faulty device be released to the public with such poor support. 

image.pngimage.png

Message 7 of 16
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Everyone,

Can you please "check for update" again. There should be a firmware available now for the Telstra model. Another user has updated to it today.

Firmware version; 10.25.01.01

Please let me know if everyone are able to successfully update. Thank you. :]

- Jason N

Message 8 of 16
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi All,

We released a new firmware for the Telstra Nighthawk M1 today.  This firmware resolves an issue where some users were not seeing data usage on their devices.  This firmware also enables Arlo Base Station support and gives user the option to disable Ethernet standby.

https://kb.netgear.com/000055962/Why-can-t-I-see-data-usage-on-my-Telstra-Nighthawk-M1

Kind Regards,

ArodiD

Message 9 of 16
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

User manual updates are always going to lag behind firmware updates.

For one thing GUI changes may not be finalised till quite a way along the development process for updates and we may decide to change what we will include in an update quite a way along the development process.

We have to make subjective decisions as to what needs to be covered in a manual and as to when there has been significant enough changes to warrant releasing an updated manual.

This is true across our various product lines.

Message 10 of 16
koom
Tutor

Still can't see any new update (currently on NTC9X50C-10.16.04.04 still).

Can the firmware file be provided so users have a chance to upload the file manually?

Message 11 of 16
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

koom, please see the post #12 by @ArodiD above. The link in that has instructions for various update methods including a manual update.

Message 12 of 16
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Case850 wrote:

@mdgm-ntgr

Your call. However Netgear's inability to provide supporting documentation for newly released features negatively impacts the customer experience and ultimately leads to a decline sales and revenue.

We do try to make our features as intuitive to use as possible.

If users are having problems using new features and a quick search doesn't find them the answers they need they can ask for help on using those features on the community.

@Case850 please open a new thread if you are having trouble using a new feature so we can keep this discussion on topic.

Message 13 of 16
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi koom,

I wanted to check in with you and see if you were able to follow ArodiD's post on how to update.

Please let me know. :]

I have also included the link for the process to manually update below from ArodiD.

- Jason N

Message 14 of 16
rabbieb
Guide

Thanks mate, that was easy and the device seems to be working OK.

One thing I did notice - while it's rebooting/scanning you get a screen msg saying it can't find a network and to check your connection. I ignored it. 

Message 15 of 16
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rabbieb,

You're welcome! I'm glad your issue was able to be fixed with this firmware.

Thank you for letting us know about that and I will forward it to my internal team. :]

-Jason N

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7