× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: No LTE Advanced connection on AC790

dnogwat
Aspirant

No LTE Advanced connection on AC790

So, I have a problem with the netgear ac790. I reach very low download speeds around 30-50 mbit/sec. According to the specifications of this device it supports category 6 LTE, which means download speeds up to 300mbit/sec.

If i place the same simcard in my iPhone SE, which also supports cat. 6 LTE, I reach download speeds around 150mbit/sec.

How come the download speed is so low on this device? I have tried changing the wifi range from medium to long and i have tried connecting the aircard via usb to my laptop, but both didnt improve the download speed.

How can i fix this?? Is it a device problem? Or is the signal poor? Will buying a MIMO antenna improve the speed? And what about the netgear cradle D112A? Or do these two devices only improve the wifi signal, instead of the LTE reception?

Message 1 of 4
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dnogwat,

Thank you for posting to the community with your issue. I will be looking into this situation for a resolution.

Which provider model is your AC790?

Is your device up-to-date to the most current firmware?

Have you performed a factory reset?

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 4
dnogwat
Aspirant

Hi Jason,

Thank you for willing to look into my problem.

I live in the Netherlands. They dont sell provider locked aircards here. The provider of my simcard is T-Mobile NL.

Yes, my device is up-to-date with the most current firmware.

Yes, I have done several factory resets.

Regards,

David

Message 3 of 4
dnogwat
Aspirant

So, did you find a resolution?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos