× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Pairing the Netgear Nighthawk M2 with the Mobile App

Shoreshack
Aspirant

Pairing the Netgear Nighthawk M2 with the Mobile App

Hi, I purchased this New MR2100 from Telstra here on the Gold Coast and have tried numerous times to connect it with the NETGEAR Mobile App. Everytime I try to link the two devices the App asks for the Password which I use as the default (password) but then all it does is say "Authenticating" then reverts back to enter Password. I have tried re-booting the Nighthawk M2 and again nothing, very frustrating indeed, so any help or assistance would be extremely greatful. I am not at all IT relevant so simple instructions would be good.  

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Pairing the Netgear Nighthawk M2 with the Mobile App

Hi @Shoreshack ,

Have you tried entering the password set on the M2 during the setup process?  If you left the password as default then try typing admin into the app.

Regards,

Arodi

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 4
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Shoreshack ,

Have you tried entering the password set on the M2 during the setup process?  If you left the password as default then try typing admin into the app.

Regards,

Arodi

Message 3 of 4
Shoreshack
Aspirant

Hi Arodi,

Thanks heaps mate, that worked, just not sure why there is no reference (other than yourself) that would advise me of such a simple solution, thanks again, greatly appreciated indeed!

Cheers, Mike K  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7