× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Parental controls

Greenkookaburra
Follower

Parental controls

I have a router from Optus, which has a model number CQ3000.  I want put parental controls on with regard to restricting times that the wifi is on.  I have downloaded the netgear genie app, however, when I register an open DNS account, it then tells me my router is not connected to the internet, even though it is.  I have tried to work out how to set a schedule on the netgear login site, but that doesn't seem to allow me to specify which device, so it doesn't seem to work.  Please help.  My son is staying up till 5am playing games.  

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental controls

Hi Greenkookaburra, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

You would have to contact Optus for assistance. You have an ISP modem/router, the firmware is certified by your ISP. Please confirm with Optus if this model supports Parental Control. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental controls

Hi Greenkookaburra, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

You would have to contact Optus for assistance. You have an ISP modem/router, the firmware is certified by your ISP. Please confirm with Optus if this model supports Parental Control. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7