× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Port Forwarding Not working

kevinpaynter
Follower

Port Forwarding Not working

PORTS.JPGports open.JPG

I have recently purchased a Nighthawk M1 and this replaces my existing netgear router. The software with router has a port forwding area which I have openned however whenI check it is telling me the service is unavailable

have no idea what I am meant to do, as Its open with old router if I swap it out but not new one.

Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi kevinpaynter, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

- May we please know the exact model of your MR1100? 

- What is the firmware version? 

- Who is your Internet provider? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Looks like a Testra IP address.

Using the same SIM and contract as before?

Does your M1 have a public IP address assigned by the mobile ISP? If there was a contract change, you might have to request this again.

Message 3 of 4
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @kevinpaynter ,

The IP address that is showing in your screenshot looks to be a NAT'd IP from memory which will block ports from the network side. 

Can you check the APN settings on your old router to see if it matches with the MR1100.  I suspect your old router APN profile might be telstra.extranet and the APN profile used on your new router is telstra.internet.  If so, then create a new APN profile with telstra.extranet on the MR1100 and set it to be the default profile and it should start working for you.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7