× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Port forwarding on Nighthawk MR2100

Borimir
Tutor

Port forwarding on Nighthawk MR2100

Firstly, the model I am looking for answers for is not the Nighthawk M1 MR1100, it is the Nighthawk M2, MR2100. The dropdown menu didn't have the option available.

I recently bought a Nighthawk MR2100 to use for work. I needed to have port forwarding and was informed that I could use port forwarding on this. However, the instructions in the manual are for menus that don't exist for this model. After several hours on the phone to a variety of morons reading the manual to me (as though I couldn't read/comprehend the manual), it has become apparent that port forwarding is not enabled for this modem yet and will presumably be fixed in a firmware download at an unspecified date.

Netgear doesn't have any means of contacting them to discuss the problem. Getting on the phone just means I am talking to people who try reading the manual to me or just hang up. I have had some suggest they will ring me back, but they can't take down my name properly even when I spell it letter by letter, I am not expecting any of them to contact me.

Does anyone have an email address of someone at Netgear I can write to, I presume they can decipher the issue and give a timeline for when port forwarding will be available. Or a workaround for the issue.

Telstra is still selling this product stating that it has the capacity for port forwarding, when the reality is that it currently does not have that capacity.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Port forwarding on Nighthawk MR2100

Hi @Borimir

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

This has been brought up already to engineers. This will be addressed on new firmware to undergo Telstra certification process. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7