× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

R7000 firmware question

vthee007
Aspirant

R7000 firmware question

I've been automatically updating my r7000 firmware and I noticed that there is a new version out... the version that i'm on is V1.0.6.28_1.1.83.  The latest version is 1.0.5.70.  Can someone explain the difference in version numbers and what version is the latest and greatest? Also are all fixes cumulative? 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 firmware question

Normally, version numbers increase with each successive release and the fixes are cumulative but Netgear pulled all of the 1.0.6.X releases due to bugs.  1.0.5.70 is currently the newest.  If you aren't experiencing any issues, then you can consider staying on 1.0.6.28.  If you install 1.0.5.70, then you will lose Arlo camera support.  If you don't have Arlo cameras, then this won't matter, of course.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Normally, version numbers increase with each successive release and the fixes are cumulative but Netgear pulled all of the 1.0.6.X releases due to bugs.  1.0.5.70 is currently the newest.  If you aren't experiencing any issues, then you can consider staying on 1.0.6.28.  If you install 1.0.5.70, then you will lose Arlo camera support.  If you don't have Arlo cameras, then this won't matter, of course.

Message 2 of 4
vthee007
Aspirant

Does 1.0.6.28 include fixes from 1.0.5? if so where can i find the documentation for this? I dont have arlo and i think its probably a better idea to get back to the 1.0.5.x release.  Is the upgrade simply chosing the firmware load and then upgrade via the gui or are there other things I need to do like factory default the router first?

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

1.0.5.70 is newer than 1.0.6.28, so probably not.

Upgrade via ADVANCED > Administration > Router Update in the GUI.  You should perform a factory reset after you update the firmware.  This will wipe out any incompatible settings from the prior version.  When downgrading from 1.0.6.28, a factory reset is especially important in order to get rid of the Arlo settings.  Don't restore configuration from a backup file.  Re-enter settings by hand.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7