× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

R7100LG LTE router - Attaching cables for outdoor antenna

WDLandry
Aspirant

R7100LG LTE router - Attaching cables for outdoor antenna

Hello,

I'm very interested in in the R7100 LTE router to inprove my home network. Are any of the 3 antenna 3g/LTE specific? I am wondering if it is possible to remove 2 of the attached antenna on the router and attach a cable for an outdoor antenna? I can't see this information in any of the documents.

4g signal is weak in my home and there is an need for an outdoor antenna for my current netgear aircard 762s.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but the R7100LG appears to essentially be the R7000 model with the added benefit of an LTE modem. This would be a massive improvement on my 762s.

Thanks for your help. I'd appreciate any advice.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7100LG LTE router - Attaching cables for outdoor antenna

Hello WDLandry

Netgear does not support using 3rd party antennas. And you are correct this is a R7000 with a slot to add your micro sim card for LTE internet.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
WDLandry
Aspirant

Hello DarrenM,

Thanks for your reply. I can understand that Netgear doesn't support 3rd party antenna.

To rephrase my question, are 2 of the 3 antennas on the R7100LG dedicated LTE/4g antennas?

Will

Message 3 of 4
WDLandry
Aspirant

I'll take that as a no so? Asus ac55u it is so, would prefer the netgear system but at least I know the ac55u can has dedicated 4g antennas that can detach as per recommendation of Asus
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7