× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Rebooting of Nighthawk MR5100, wifi signal strength loss, alternating between 4G and 5G

LauraArm54
Tutor

Rebooting of Nighthawk MR5100, wifi signal strength loss, alternating between 4G and 5G

I have a few issues with my Nighthawk MR5100.

Where I placed my wifi in my room, after I bought it, a month ago, it showed 5 bars with excellent signal strength at 5G and fast download speeds. It never went to 4G in that location.

A week ago, a month later,  all of a sudden the mobile router's signal strength in that same location went to 4G, with slower download speed and the signal strength varies between poor to fair.

I found a location in my room where the router is at 5G but the signal strength varies from fair to good, but not excellent, not like how it used to be for one month. It can also alternate between 5G to 4G in that location.

A few times the router has rebooted itself.

The temperature in my room has not been too hot and the router doesn't feel too hot.

I use the 5GHz setting.

I have rebooted the router daily and even reset the router to factory settings quite a few times.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
LauraArm54
Tutor

Re: Rebooting of Nighthawk MR5100, wifi signal strength loss, alternating between 4G and 5G

Hi Bianca

Thanks for your reply

The SKU is SKU:MR5100-1TLAUS

My Internet provider is Telstra in Australia.

The firmware is NTGX55_10.29.07.00

I reset it to factory settings once a week and reboot it daily, and no change.

My internet provider said that the tower close to me could have shut off 5G and is doing maintenance...but that was a month ago?

I only get fair to good signal strength, 5G in the one spot...the other areas apoor to fair with 4G

It has rebooted on its own a few times. My room is not hot

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Rebooting of Nighthawk MR5100, wifi signal strength loss, alternating between 4G and 5G

Hi @LauraArm54

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (MR5100-xxxx) and firmware version? 

Who is your Internet provider? 

Have you tried factory resetting the device? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
LauraArm54
Tutor

Hi Bianca

Thanks for your reply

The SKU is SKU:MR5100-1TLAUS

My Internet provider is Telstra in Australia.

The firmware is NTGX55_10.29.07.00

I reset it to factory settings once a week and reboot it daily, and no change.

My internet provider said that the tower close to me could have shut off 5G and is doing maintenance...but that was a month ago?

I only get fair to good signal strength, 5G in the one spot...the other areas apoor to fair with 4G

It has rebooted on its own a few times. My room is not hot

Cheers!

Message 3 of 6
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @LauraArm54 

Can you please send me your IMEI?  It should be on the device label when you remove the battery.

Regards,

Arodi

Message 4 of 6
LauraArm54
Tutor

Hello!

My the IMEI is 358739540039170

Cheers

@ArodiD wrote:

Hi @LauraArm54 

Can you please send me your IMEI?  It should be on the device label when you remove the battery.

Regards,

Arodi

Message 5 of 6
LauraArm54
Tutor

Thank you to the netgear on line help support, and to Arodi!!!!!

Problem solved! I was provided an  update and now I get excellent signals in all places in different places in my room.

Previously, my device kept stating that my firmware was up to date everyday when I checked for updates everyday!

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7